Endo Begins Shipment of Authorized Generic Version of Colcrys® (colchicine, USP) in the United States
Colcrys® (colchicine, USP) 0.6 mg tablet is indicated for prophylaxis and treatment of gout flares in adults and familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) in adults and children 4 years or older.i
Colcrys® is a trademark of
Important Safety Information
- COLCRYS can cause serious side effects or death if levels of COLCRYS are too high in your body. Taking certain medicines with COLCRYS can cause your level of COLCRYS to be too high, even at recommended doses, especially if you have kidney or liver problems.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions and all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements, and if you consume grapefruit juice.
- Fatal overdoses, both accidental and intentional, have been reported in adults and children who have ingested colchicine. Keep COLCRYS out of the reach of children.
- COLCRYS can also cause serious muscle problems and blood disorders even when taken as directed. You have a higher chance for muscle problems if you are elderly, are taking certain other medicines with COLCRYS, or have kidney problems.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
- The most common side effects in people who have gout flares are diarrhea (23%) and throat pain (3%).
Use of COLCRYS
- COLCRYS (colchicine, USP) 0.6 mg tablet is a prescription medicine used in adults to prevent and treat gout flares.
- COLCRYS is not a pain medicine and should not be taken to treat pain related to other conditions.
Individual results may vary.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the
About Par Pharmaceutical
Par Pharmaceutical, headquartered in
i COLCRYS (colchicine, USP) Prescribing Information.